Monday 23 May 2016

What does a newborn need after they are at home?


This is a good topic but a very hard one. I have been buying some things for the baby, but there are so many gadgets that honestly having a baby can become a very commercial thing.

My first tip is not to buy anything before doing a good research. I checked many websites, mother’s communities, visited many baby stores and and finally have all my things sorted. But one thing I learned was that babies don’t need much, they don’t care about the brand, color or latest trend. So we need to find what is really useful, safe and that you feel comfortable to use for your baby.

For most of the items I bought I decided to look at Kids Swap and Sell groups on Facebook from my suburb, Ebay and gumtree. This way I could save at least 40% of the prices that I would buy in store. I would check if the items were in good condition and recommended by the Australian standards and buy it. I did wash everything with good quality baby soap to make sure it was all clean and ready for my baby.

Other than the basics I got some small things that may be a little luxury but I had to try: Nappies Bin (with very expensive refills, so I will give it a try for the first months and see), Ewan the Dream Sheep, Baby Shusher And Oricom Baby monitor with breathing monitor (this is my first time Mom paranoid side saying the baby may not sleep well or have any problems at night), a Quinny Zapp Travel Stroller ( As we will travel in November to Brazil when she will be 6 months, so I need a good and small pram that can be consider a hand luggage to go around during connections and to use while there), Skip Hop Nappy Bag color coded with my City Select Stroller (both in purple) which by the way is also matching the whole room decoration in purple and pink. I will give my feedback about those and other items after I have a chance to use them.

But all this are just for our eyes, family, friends, etc. For the newborn eyes the most important thing for sure will be you. So we don’t need to really worry, just stick to your budget and make this “getting ready” moment a happy one J

A learning Mom After 30





#Momafter30 #Babyshusher #Ewanthesheep #Cityselect #Skiphop #Quinny #Oricom

No comments:

Post a Comment