Sunday 29 May 2016

Baby is overdue, what to do now?


I am now officially overdue with 40 weeks and 4 days, which I hear is quite common when having the first baby and also being over 30. So here I have the perfect combo and the waiting game begins. I have been talking to many people and gathered some ideas to help the baby to come quicker without intervention. I am honestly testing and doing all of them for the last 2 weeks or so, not sure if anything is helping but I am at least trying:
-         

Spicy food
– Many of my friends said that after their last spicy food, contractions started. So now “Tabasco Chili” is my new best friend in every single meal
Walk Walk Walk
– I am walking at least 2 hours per day in the park, shopping mall and trying to avoid getting my car for small errands. It is tiring but I did notice that it helps me sleep as I get quite exhausted so I see an advantage there.
Going up and down the stairs and squats
– Also trying to do as much as possible of it, so far the only up side of it is getting my legs strong, which can be good for carrying the baby later
Jump on the Pilates ball
– This is my favorite as I am now watching TV while jumping up and down. This one of the techniques for labour pain too so I am getting a good practice.
Acupuncture
– I hate needles but as it was recommended I did 3 sessions while I was 39/40 wks, but other than being relaxed I didn’t feel anything else so far, so I decided not to continue with it. I confronted my fear of needles but still was not good enough to make anything happen.
Writing a letter to your baby
– I did it as friend recommended and I think even if doesn’t help her coming out, it is a nice thing to share with your kid when she grows up. I handwrote it so it has a personal touch and I will keep it to give to her later.
Making an official eviction notice for the baby
– That was just a fun thing that I think made me relax and made me laugh which can also help.





I guess those ideas can support the baby but she will come only when my body is ready and she really feels ready to explore this new world.

An overdue Mom After 30


#momafter30 #overdue #40wks

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. Really interesting ideas!! Thanks for sharing. I hope your baby comes soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post!!!
    Helping many overdue mums not feeling alone.
    Hoping to seeing your little girl soon.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete