Wednesday 18 May 2016

First Post.. Who Am I? What do I know?

Being a Mom after turning 30… From what I see around me this is the new trend.

My grand grandmother had my grandmother at 18, who had my Mom at 18, who had me at 24. And here I am, at 34, pregnant of my first baby.

I am 39 weeks pregnant and I am lucky enough to have had an easy pregnancy so far. But I hear from many after 30 new mums, that the 1st pregnancy after 30 is not so easy as the body starts to “complain” a bit more.

But why have the 1st baby after 30? In my case I focused in my career since I was 18 and to break the work cycle before 30 would not be ideal, so I decided that I would work at least 15 years and be financially and emotionally stable before having my first baby.

I guess everyone have their own opinion but for me I wanted to have the baby at the correct time where I could enjoy my pregnancy and also my baby.

So far my pregnancy has been amazing. I was able to enjoy it, pretty much pain free but I did focus a lot in eating healthy, doing Pilates, aqua aerobics, seeing a chiropractor regularly and being very active. Things that I only really cared and understood about after 30. Pregnancy for me is not a sickness, it is your body changing and adapting to give you a bundle of joy, so being positive plays a big part and if the timing is also right, it only makes things easier.

So far having my first baby after 30 has been a great journey and I will be able to share more of my experiences here from now on.

I want to be able to share good and bad moments so together we can learn and make this time of our lives as enjoyable as possible.

I am happy to hear your comments,

A New Mom After 30 ;)

#momafter30

No comments:

Post a Comment