Sunday 22 May 2016

How to prepare for labour and birth? Is it possible to be really ready?


LABOUR - This has always been a very scary part of the whole process, at least for me. I used to say to my Mom and friends that I would not have a baby inside my body because I was afraid of the pain, instead I would adopt a kid. And this was in in my mind for many years.

But when your mind is ready, things change. When I decided that I wanted to have a kid my fear really started to fade. I started researching a lot about the whole process and I felt confident that whatever happened would be the best for me and my baby. I may still adopt in the future but for now I decided that having a baby was doable.

I read many books (I may have more than 20 books at home that I at least started reading the first pages) but I really liked a book called: “Birth Skills” from a very famous physiotherapist called Juju Sundin. And after feeling that her pain management techniques for labour and birth were in my line with my thinking I booked for a half day course where she would put that all into practice.

It was a great morning, with a very small group of ladies and Juju, that was very energetic and helpful. The main thing that I learned on that day was: “Labour Pain is not sick pain; it is good pain – healthy pain”. This really helps me think about labour as a good thing. I will put all the techniques into real practice soon and then I will be able to say if it really helped, but one thing is for sure my confidence level now is very high, so this will give me a good support during my special time.

Also talking to many Moms I found out that the part that they remember as the worse was: “nothing”, they can’t describe the pain as they don’t remember it. As soon as they could see their baby’s face all the fear and pain was gone. Like if they became numb and the whole world stopped. I hope this is my experience too and I can say the same thing soon.

A very hopeful Mom after 30 ;)




#momafter30 #jujusudin #birthskills #labour

No comments:

Post a Comment