Friday 20 May 2016

Mind, Body and Soul during the pregnancy



I am glad that so far I had very little pain and also felt very active during the pregnancy but three things for me where for sure essential.

Eating Healthy – When I found out that I was pregnant I decided to research more about what was good not only for me but also the baby and the main thing is to take a daily multi-vitamin proper for pregnancy (I started with Elevit, but later changes to Blackmores Pregnancy Gold as it was a better cost benefit). This not only supported the folic acid which is essential for babies, but also helped me not getting any flue or disease.
From the food side I ate a variety of food and did have some sweets, as mum’s will always crave it, but I tried limiting myself and also tried not to skip meals. In the first 4 months I had morning sickness and could only eat after midday so I did lose a bit of weight.

My GP said I would need extra protein, so I talked with a nutritionist that recommended me to add a Protein Shake into my diet, which was nutritious but also delicious (I love the Isagenix Dutch Chocolate one with 1 frozen banana and milk, it is like a milkshake and would help me a lot with my chocolate craving while giving me many nutrients). I added this into my diet (not replacing as we need more instead of less while pregnant) and that for sure also helped me feel good and energetic. (Some people may be against it, but for me it worked so I do recommend it).

Exercise - I continued to be active playing at the beach and I also started doing Aqua Aerobics twice a week. This is a very fun part of the day as I can spend time with my Mom that also attends the class and I am very “spoiled’ by the trainer and others in the class as they see me progress week by week. I am now almost 40 weeks and they always think that the baby will during the class ;) By being low impact it does really help me feel confident that I am not hurting myself or the baby and my body continues to feel awesome.

Meditation -  I also did some Meditation during the pregnancy recommended by my best friend which is also Reiki Guru, that for sure supported me mentally by being less stressed about life and work. Which may be even more important than anything else as when your mind, body and soul are in line, everything else flows J

A mom after 30




#momafter30 #blackmores #isagenix #aquaerobics #meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment