Tuesday 19 July 2016

Nappies, Creams, Shampoo, Colic helper…what have I used so far?

As a first time Mum I decided that I would give everything a try, but for that first I tried to get samples of everything so I would not need to invest much first and then I bought what I liked the most. ( How to get some samples:Samples and Freebies Post)

Here are some of my favorites:

-        Nappies – Huggies are quite good and famous nappies and I was thinking to sticky with it but the newborn ones were a little too big for her (she was born 2,890 grams but very skinny and tall). So my first nappies were Baby Love Preemie which fit perfectly and couple of weeks later I tried the Comfy Boots from Coles which impressive enough were also good. Now my baby can finally fit on the Huggies one, but we decided to try the new Little ones (Woolworths Brand) which don’t look fancy but do the job well for the price which made me impressed. Luckily enough she didn’t have any allergies and by trial and error I could find the ones that wouldn’t leak at night, so I think this needs to be the way, try small packs and find the best one for you, also babies grow so quickly that is not worth to waste too much money, just buy on demand. And if you have a baby shower ask the guests to bring the second to third size as she is now 7 weeks and already on the second size at 4,500 grams.

Wipes – I just use the Huggies as I got lots of it and I have this box that I love which is very handy to use. But I wouldn't mind trying other brands later.
-        Rash Cream – On my bounty bag I got some Sudocream and so far she didn’t have any rash. I use it 3 times a day specially before long sleeps and she adapted quite well.

-        Body Cream – At week 5 she developed some pimples that went all over her body, the nurses said was just a hormonal reaction and would go down by itself at her 12th’week but I still tried to help using the Curash Healing Cream and her allergy is almost gone at 7 weeks so I guess was worth trying. Also her skin gets super soft with it so I keep using it.

-        Body Shower – I use Gaia Sleep Time as it helps her calm down after the bath and sleep longer at night (I will have a post about sleeping after)

-        Blocked Nose – I use the Flo Baby saline solution and I also started using the Snotty Grotty spray in the room. She used wake up quite congested and this seems to make it happen less often.

-        Colic – As most new babies she had quite a bit of colic so I waited the first month (which is recommended) and from the second I started giving her Colic Calm when she was feeling pain and it really does the job... I can hear the gas coming out so quickly ;)

-        Congestion – Because of her first formula she got congested so I gave her Coloxyl Drops, it did help, but the best thing was change her formula (I will have a post all about what I learned about formulas from an expert).

So yes I tried many things and would try even more if meant to have my baby happy. Every baby is different so you need to find what works well for yours J

A Mum that loves to try after 30

#babylove #huggies #comfyboots #littleones #sudocream #curash #gaia #flobaby #coliccalm






No comments:

Post a Comment